Saturday, December 7, 2013

Avoid Holiday Weight Gain by Preparing for the Temptations of Holiday Eating (part 2 of 4)


#2.
Make a game plan on eating and stick to it.

Just like in skiing you need to know what you are going to do and stay on course or you will fall on or face.

If you make a plan you will be able to have your dessert and eat it to. Yep that right, I wrote EAT dessert.

Eat dessert or what ever you crave ("it") around the holidays. Don't deprive yourself but don't gorge either. Make a plan to have it at the end of the day and tell your self how much you can have it. If you tell yourself you are not going to eat any thing you really want but know realistically you have give in before there are a few thing that will happen.
First, you WILL eat "it". Next, you will eat a second one because you really didn't taste the first one because you ate it so fast hoping not to feel guilt. Then you will eat a third one because you felt guilty about the first two and now your a little depressed about it. Well at this point you just don't care because you have eating a lot of calories, and you feel defeated. SO I will eat what ever I want. Sound familiar ?

A game plan can look like this:
1. I am going to have a filling small protein snack and drink 2 glasses of water with in 1 hour before I go.
2. I am going eat slowly and enjoy my food.
3. I will only have 1 helping of food.
4. I will fill the majority of my plate with healthy foods and a small portion with non-healthy food.
5. I will eat consciously and remind my self of what I have eaten every time I go take a bite of food.

This is what a game plan may look like. You don't need to do all of this or maybe any of it but what you need to do is look at were you are having difficulty and directly address it with a healthy alternative aka game plan. Be prepared.


Let's get healthy,
Coach TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment